Just being silly
Ok I was bored one night so decided to try this out. This main reason is that it's easier to bash at keys on a console than a keyboard.
- DMX console connected to a Windows PC via a Open DMX Widget running dmxusb2esp.
- ESP being spat out onto the network
- libesp running on Linux grabbing the DMX data. Not using it to drive a DMX output directly, but rather using the values of the channels to trigger changes.
- Data is output from the Linux PC using libartnet
- The ArtNetNode picks up the ArtNet data and transmits it via another Open DMX Widget to the lights
Now if only I could receive DMX under Linux I could get rid of that other machine.
The result of all this is that i'm now thinking of another project. Must get the thesis in first though...